Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beautiful Lasers, Lupe Fiasco (Song of the Week)

Chicago native Lupe Fiasco found his way onto my iPod back in eighth grade (2006) with his rap song about skateboarding "Kick, Push."  Five years later, Lupe Fiasco has a few other songs on my iPod, but takes up nowhere near as much space as Kanye West or Kid Cudi.  Wiz Khalifa's new music (album comes out March 29th) has not been doing anything for me, so I decided to give Fiasco's Lasers album (released March 8th) a listen.

While listening to Lasers, the album was overall better than I had expected.  There were some great songs including Words I Never Said, I Don't Wanna Care Right NowNever Forget You, and the hit single The Show Goes On.  The one song that stood out to me though was track number seven, Beautiful Lasers.

Listen below to Lupe Fiasco's new song Beautiful Lasers (2 Ways) featuring MDMA

Just from hearing the beat at the beginning, you just know the song is going to be epic.  On a scale of five stars Beautiful Lasers is worth four.  My favorite lyrics to the song are in the chorus:

"There's only 2 ways out of here
You'll be too late, you'll be trapped here forever
There's only 2 ways out of here
One's through the door, the other's through me"


Lupe Fiasco's Lasers album itself has received mixed reviews from critics.  The twelve song album is available for download today on iTunes for $10.99.

No comments: