Monday, January 17, 2011

NFL Divisional Round Wrap-Up


The Ravens and Steelers rivalry lived up to its hype to say the least.  The difference came down to the Ravens two fumbles lost, one interception, and one turnover on downs.  I thought turnovers would doom the Steelers, but it was the other way around.  (Prediction: Ravens 24, Steelers 20; Final: Ravens 24, Steelers 31)

The scariest team left in the playoffs is hands down the Green Bay Packers.  Aaron Rodgers continued to stay hot, while the Falcons looked rusty coming off their bye week.  The Packers offense continued to roll as I predicted.  (Prediction: Packers 27, Falcons 17; Final: Packers 48, Falcons 21)

Jay Cutler's first throw in the playoffs was the biggest of his career (Olsen 58 yard TD reception).  Lance Briggs and the Bears defense held Marshawn Lynch & gang to only 34 rushing yards (Cutler had 43).  I predicted a blow out, and my prediction came true, even though the scoreboard said the game was closer than it actually was. (Prediction: Seahawks 10, Bears 31; Final: Seahawks 24, Bears 35)

The Patriots could not beat a team that they had demolished 45-3 just over a month ago.  Mark Sanchez played like the franchise quarterback the Jets want him to be by throwing three touchdowns.  I was wrong about Antonio Cromartie eating his words as the Jets defense held Brady to a 89 overall passer rating.  (Prediction: Jets 24, Patriots 34; Final: Jets 28, Patriots 21)

Ok, so I did not have my best week of predicting games.  My record was 2-2 and my overall playoff record so far is 6-2.  Next week will go better though as I already have my picks locked.  Stay tuned Tuesday night for my NFC Championship prediction and Thursday night for my AFC Championship prediction.

No comments: