Monday, January 3, 2011

Trying to Kill Time for the Next 8 Months: Part 1

"Why does the NFL even continue to play the rest of the regular season?" is the question many of us ask the following week after losing in our fantasy playoffs.  It is never easy getting over losing in the playoffs.  Everywhere we look there are reminders.  NFL Network, Fox Sports Net, ESPN, and ESPN 2 all seem to want to show highlights that factored in your loss.  Network channels that cover the NFL should be more considerate and only show highlights from players on your team doing well.  Every time I watched Devin Hester return that punt for a touchdown in the week 16 match-up between the Bears and Vikings (the team I was playing started the Bears D/ST and I lost by 5) it felt like a switch-blade being churned in my stomach.  So what if he broke some stupid record for the most punt returns all-time?  At least show some respect in my time of mourning over my fantasy loss and wait at least a month-or-so to talk about the record.

No comments: